Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Selfish

It was the coolest thing ever! The new "Wallpaper Camera" was almost invisible, but the lense did something that
shaped it someway so I could see the entire room. It was so cool... first Beth and I used it to spy on her sister and
her sister's girlfriends during there "Study (not) Sleepover". We were at my house but we could see everything that was
said, and done. We learned a lot that night... but now I hate the camera that I have since destroyed.
After a few weeks of listening to secrets and gossip that the high school girls seemed addicted to, I decided
to place a camera in the private meeting between some boy and Beth's big sister. I locked Beth into my bedroom
closet so she could watch, and I went to grab a snack. I decided I'd eat it outside since the cool air was
starting to set in. But then I fell asleep.
Meanwhile Beth was watching...watching the boy in the "gangsta clothes" come. Then she watched him try to get
her sister into the bedroom. She helplessly watched her sister refuse and the boy pull a knife, and push her
into a corner. She screamed at me to let her out, to call 9-1-1. She cried and begged...and I slept.
she saw more, but she has never told me..and she never will. She had often told me she couldn't wait until her
sister was gone. But I guess she needed her more than she thought because she let her veins run dry within hours
of receiving notice of her sister's death.
Without my bestfriend, I wanted to die too. But I saw how it wrecked her family. So, I sit here, my will beside me,
trying to decide whether to be selfish or not. Anyways, it is simple will. Most of my stuff would have been left to
 Beth anyways.. so it goes like this
 
                                             My Will
      Auntie - The scrapbook you made me, my ruby earrings (for the baby)
      Boys and Girls Club - All my extra sports equiptment
      Mom and Dad - divide everything else up how you will. I love you so much
        and this is not your fault. See you in Heaven, if I make it there.


I looked at the handwritten paper, and the bottle of ibiprophen, the the kitchen knife, and the lump of rope.
I wondered if it would hurt, if I'd make it alive, if I'd be a brain-dead vegetable for fifty or eighty more
years. I don't know what to do, but remember (if anybody even reads this), please remember never to cause the
deaths of one, nevermind two, people you love. It might just kill you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment